Provided by Business Insider, December, 2010 - January, 2011:
Here's what you need to know:
* Asian markets were mixed in overnight trading, and European indices are all higher in early trading. U.S. market futures are suggesting a slightly higher open.
* The Chinese province of Hainan had its property prices fall a staggering 30% from April to May. This might be explained by new restrictions on the purchasing of second homes by the Chinese government. These charts will make you scared of Chinese real estate >
* The U.S. government has stepped up its use of sanctions against Iran by targeting companies linked to the Iranian regime. Those companies include shipping and banking firms, as well as other front companies that do business for or with the Iranian government.
* Agricultural Bank of China is set to launch an IPO with investment bank Standard Chartered and China Life Insurance Co. its main backers. The deal may be valued as high as $500 million for Standard Chartered.
* Today's Spanish bond auction was successful in that Spain was able to sell €3.479 billion of their securities at auction. The yields that Spain had to pay to investors, however, were at a record level for the country. Here are 9 reasons Spain is a dead economy walking >
* The spread between German and Spanish debt is now at an all time high in eurozone history. 10-year spreads now amount to 233 bps. Here's what you need to know about the state of Spanish banks >
* The Swiss parliament has agreed to hand over the records of 4,450 UBS clients to the U.S. government who claim they are tax evaders. The decision comes after the parliament decided not to take the vote to a national referendum.
* A UK tax on banker bonuses is having a direct impact on the bottom line of some of the U.S.' biggest banks. The total bill for U.S. banks with offices in London associated with the tax amounts to $2 billion.
* Bank of America is planning on ending free checking accounts in an effort to earn more fees to offset the costs of new regulation. Other banks are planning similar strategies.
* In a sign that all is not well in the U.S. banking industry, 90 banks missed a TARP payment they were scheduled to make on May 17. Many of the smaller banks are trying to change the terms of their repayment schedule. Check out how bad the housing market is in the U.S. >
* Bonus: Megan Fox is now engaged to Brian Austin Green, though she lost the 2-carat ring celebrating on the beach.
Small cap stocks, AKA penny stocks make for some good conversation. Many investors have developed the skills needed to profit by trading them and now love them. At the same time many investors do not understand how penny stocks work and end up losing money.
Some investors are rolling in the big bucks while others are losing. So how does one follow the winners and make the big bucks? well there are several things that all profitable investors do in order to make money trading penny stocks. Now lets take a look at the strategies they are using to make huge gains.
First of all you must find a company that is on the verge of breaking out. It could be that they have developed some sort of new technology that the world cannot live without. Maybe they have increased profit in the last few quarters, their chart may look like a nice bullish upward trend is about to occur. Now we all know these scenairos would create more positive news for a company. However we still must be careful before we pull the trigger and purchase thousands of shares.
Many companies will provide online interviews of the CEO’s, this is a great tool and helps investors to better understand the goals and plans of the company. Many investors think wrong about these types of companies. One common thing said about these companies is ” if they are so great why are they so cheap” however most companies started out small. Think about dell and apple computers, apple was started from a garage and look how large the company is today! so never underestimate the power of the small business.
Nearly all of the profitable traders follow the tips above, however they are still many that do not have the time to spend hours upon hours searching for all this information. There is a better way, the web is filled with great penny stock newsletters that are FREE. In fact nearly all of the top traders subscribe to several of the best newsletters.